AgMove or Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job (RATTUAJ) for Short Term Agricultural Work
Financial assistance for workers relocating for short-term agricultural work. You could be eligible for reimbursement of up to $6,000 by taking up harvest work.
This financial assistance is to help with the costs of travel and accommodation when you relocate to take up short-term agricultural work.
Reimbursement can assist with travel to the work address, return travel home, accommodation for up to 2 calendar months, and basic work clothing. Please refer to our RATTUAJ / AgMove Eligibility Factsheet and RATTUAJ / AgMove Reimbursement Request Factsheet. These documents will assist you to assess what you can be reimbursed for and what evidence you will need to submit when requesting reimbursement.
You may be eligible to claim a reimbursement of up to:
$6000 if you are an Australian worker or,
$2000 if you are a visa holder with the right to work in Australia.
AgMove (RATTUAJ) Actions Steps
- Register with Harvest Trail Services – See your local harvest office
- Check your Eligibility (MADEC Eligibility Checklist below)
- Create your Agreement – See your local harvest office
- Complete your harvest work
- Lodge your reimbursement request – See your local harvest office
- You will need:
- MADEC Reimbursement Request Factsheet (below)
- MADEC Reimbursement Request Form (below)
- Piece Work Declaration of Hours if you have undertaken piece work (below)
- You will need:
If you commenced harvest work between 1st November 2020 and on or before 4th May 2021, please refer to RATTUAJ
Reimbursement can only be requested after 6 weeks and more than 120 hours work have been completed
If you commenced harvest work on or after 5th May 2021, please refer to Agmove
Reimbursement can only be requested after 2 weeks and more than 40 hours work or 4 weeks and more than 120 hours work have been completed
Find more information here and please contact your nearest MADEC office to talk to one of our MADEC Harvest Trail Services staff.
Subscribe to our mailing list